Malaysia is the 38th largest economy in the world and ranks 20th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Malaysian economy grew at a rate of 5.9% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 100,000 Malaysian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 250 local and global sources.
- Subsidies may touch RM71bil in 2022, says Tengku Zafrul Intellasia.Net News | 2022-May-28
- Stats Dept: Malaysia's economy expected to expand further after favourable performance in Q1 2022 Intellasia.Net News | 2022-May-28
- Penang governor asks Putrajaya for more funds, says state only got 1.3pct of total national allocation Intellasia.Net News | 2022-May-28
- Abg Johari: State's economy to grow 6-8 pct per annum PCDS 2030 Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-27
- Sarawak to introduce discounts on electricity tariff for food producers, retailers Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-26
- Food security should be nations top priority New Straits Times | 2022-May-26
- MOODY'S AFFIRMS PETRONAS' A2 RATING WITH STABLE OUTLOOK Bernama Newswires | 2022-May-26
- ELEVATED GLOBAL COMMODITY PRICES TO INDIRECTLY AFFECT M'SIA INFLATIONARY PRESSURE, SAYS AN INVESTMENT BANK Bernama Newswires | 2022-May-26
- RHB INVESTMENT BANK REVISES OPR FORECAST TO 2.25 PCT FOR 2022 Bernama Newswires | 2022-May-26
- Mustapa: Fed govt paying serious attention to inflation Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-25
- Abd Karim: Sarawak to continue allocating financial support to its sports, athletes' allowances Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-25
- Wong: Better life for people should be immediate concern of S'wak govt Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-25
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Malaysia Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia (BERNAMA)
New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd.
The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
RHB Research Institute
Knight Frank (Malaysia)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Sapura Secured Technologies Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (354,080,382)
- 2 Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (53,511,100)
- 3 Sime Darby Berhad (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (44,740,999)
- 4 Employees Provident Fund (Malaysia) (Finance and Insurance) - (41,848,011)
- 5 Petronas Lng Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (28,341,503)
- 6 Hong Leong Company Bhd (Malaysia) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (26,465,107)
- 7 Axiata Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Information) - (25,939,194)
- 8 Malaysia Lng Tiga Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (19,353,502)
- 9 Petronas Chemicals Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Manufacturing) - (23,960,000)
- 10 Petronas Dagangan Berhad (Malaysia) (Wholesale Trade) - (22,787,293)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Malaysia Industry Research - Plantation: Indonesia's Export Ban Lifted, But What's Next RHB - Industry Research | 2022-May-20Malaysia Industry Research - Plantation: Stock Levels Improved, But Will This Continue RHB - Industry Research | 2022-May-11Malaysia Industry Research - Healthcare: ESG, Demographics, And Defensiveness RHB - Industry Research | 2022-May-11
Malaysia Industry Research - Banks: Strong End To 1Q22; Maintain OVERWEIGHT RHB - Industry Research | 2022-May-05Malaysia Industry Research - Banks: And The Digital Bank License Winners Are#8230; RHB - Industry Research | 2022-May-05Asia Pacific Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-29
Asia Pacific Explosion Proof Equipment Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecast (2021-2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-29Malaysia Industry Research - Telecommunications: Waiting To Exhale RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Apr-28Malaysia Industry Research - Plantation: Another U-Turn In Indonesia RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Apr-28
Malaysia Telecommunications Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Malaysia Logistics & Freight Transport Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Malaysia Information Technology Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Uggah: Infrastructure and Port Development Ministry should stay updated with latest tech to deliver top-class services Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28Datin Sri Feona Junaidi laid to rest today Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28PM Ismail: Malaysia, Japan agree to more comprehensive ties, continue with Look East Policy Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28
SPay Global back online after server room fire incident Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28He lost 8 fingers to Everest. But it didn't deter this Malaysian from making a 3rd attempt to scale the peak MediaCorp NewsAsia | 2022-May-28Former rep calls out incumbent over promised Bukit Assek redevelopment plan Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28
S'wak themed mural maze gunning for entry into Malaysia's Book of Records Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28HFMD: Childcare centres, kindies told to be alert at all times Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28Spate of monkey attacks puzzle villagers in Mukah Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28
Agriculture Ministry to assist those wanting to import chicken, other food supplies into Malaysia Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28Khairy: MoH to launch National Health Screening in July to detect non-communicable diseases for those above 40 Borneo Post Online | 2022-May-28Limited chicken export hinders Indonesia's chances to replace Malaysia's supply: Farmers association Intellasia.Net News | 2022-May-28
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2022-2023 81 pages | 2022-Feb-15
EMIS Insights - Southeast Asia Automotive Sector Report 2022-2023 63 pages | 2022-Feb-04
EMIS Insights - ASEAN Infrastructure Sector Report 2021-2022 101 pages | 2022-Feb-04
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Automotive Sector Report 2022-2023 74 pages | 2021-Nov-23
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Malaysia’s economy is seen to perform better in the second quarter of 2018 as a result of strong domestic sector, solid labour market and better wage growth, Business Times has reported citing comments from the country's top economists. "Privat...Mon, 08/13/2018 - 10:52
Citing a surge in parcel deliveries driven by booming e-commerce, Pos Malaysia Berhad plans to have discussions with Alibaba to cut through middlemen and increase its role in the industry. The company is currently considered the world’s most va...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:29
Increasing volumes are the main driver of the expected growth in motor vehicle insurance premiums in Malaysia in 2017. BMI expects the total number of vehicles in Malaysia to grow by 5.7% and for the price of an insurance policy to increase as well,...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 17:49
Malaysia is expected to see an increase in capital inflow from Chinese investments in 2018 as major infrastructure projects related to the Belt and Road Initiative continue to attract more developers from the mainland to the country, the Malaysian Re...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker